I've downloaded and installed Review Board Power Pack 1.1.0 in my Review Board
1.7.27 server, and started playing with it. I have a few questions/observations.
1) I like the PDF support! Very cool. Drawing a box around the area is
rather effective for highlighting certain areas.
2) Are there any plans to support MS Office file formats natively? Instead
of having to convert to PDF?
3) When generating reports, Is there a way to specify "all" or a "group"
of people? This would be very helpful for generating organizational Time to
First and Time to Close reports.
4) When I attach a PDF, I don't see a thumbnail of the file. Instead, all
I see is a triange with an exclamation mark. The server log has a number of
- PDF Review UI: Could not convert thumbnailData to stored image for file
attachment comment 200: decoder zip not available
Failed to convert data uri to image: decoder zip not available.
None - terrence.j.dunnigan -
/reviews/api/review-requests/2707/file-attachments/754/ - Failed to store
thumbnail for attachment 754: decoder zip not available
5) The server log is also logging errors (dozens of errors daily) for all
other peer reviews with file attachments:
Unable to load review UI for Test Plan.docx: PDFReviewUI: rejecting document
Test Plan.docx because of incorrect extension
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 222, in for_type
return handler(attachment.get_review_request(), attachment)
File "build/bdist.macosx-10.10-intel/egg/rbpowerpack/pdf/reviewui.py", line
32, in __init__
Exception: PDFReviewUI: rejecting document Test Plan.docx because of incorrect
6) Just a general observation when viewing PDFs - clicking on the title of
the PDF opens the PDF itself whereas clicking on the thumbnail opens the review
interface. That surprised me. Also, when you are in the review interface, it's
not clear how to get back to the review itself. I wish the GUI had a back
button or something. (Perhaps this is improved in RB 2.x?)
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack:
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons:
Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.