Terry,

Answers below. Just a note that we're also happy to answer Power Pack
questions at supp...@beanbaginc.com

2)      Are there any plans to support MS Office file formats natively?
Instead of having to convert to PDF?

Yes! This is something we've been investigating for a while, and hopefully
we'll have an answer soon.

3)      When generating reports, Is there a way to specify “all” or a
“group” of people? This would be very helpful for generating organizational
Time to First and Time to Close reports.

Right now, this is oriented towards the use of review groups (via the "to
groups" field). We have plans to improve the selection abilities of reports
in a future release--if there are specific ways that you'd like to be able
to choose data, we'd love to hear it.

4)      When I attach a PDF, I don’t see a thumbnail of the file. Instead,
all I see is a triange with an exclamation mark. The server log has a
number of these messages:

- PDF Review UI: Could not convert thumbnailData to stored image for
file attachment comment 200: decoder zip not available

Failed to convert data uri to image: decoder zip not available.

None - terrence.j.dunnigan -
/reviews/api/review-requests/2707/file-attachments/754/ - Failed to
store thumbnail for attachment 754: decoder zip not available

This looks like there's a problem with your PIL or Pillow library. Can
you check to see whether it's PIL or Pillow that's installed, and
confirm for me how it was installed?

5)      The server log is also logging errors (dozens of errors daily)
 for all other peer reviews with file attachments:

Unable to load review UI for Test Plan.docx: PDFReviewUI: rejecting
document Test Plan.docx because of incorrect extension

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.27-py2.6.egg/reviewboard/reviews/ui/base.py",
line 222, in for_type

    return handler(attachment.get_review_request(), attachment)

  File "build/bdist.macosx-10.10-intel/egg/rbpowerpack/pdf/reviewui.py",
line 32, in __init__

Exception: PDFReviewUI: rejecting document Test Plan.docx because of
incorrect extension

That is quite noisy! I'll see what I can do to improve this.

6)      Just a general observation when viewing PDFs – clicking on the
title of the PDF opens the PDF itself whereas clicking on the thumbnail
opens the review interface. That surprised me. Also, when you are in the
review interface, it’s not clear how to get back to the review itself. I
wish the GUI had a back button or something. (Perhaps this is improved in
RB 2.x?)
This is indeed improved a bit in 2.x (where you'll see the usual "View
Diff" / "View Reviews" links at the top). The file attachment boxes and the
links therein are still a bit wonky, but we hope to improve this soon.

Thanks for the feedback! If you have any additional questions, please don't
hesitate to reply either here or at supp...@beanbaginc.com

-David