Hi David,

Sorry for the lack of clarity in the documentation. It will be rectified in the
next minor release of RBTools.

The pattern support for the -X flag varies by the SCM tool. Hg provides its own
file exclusion support, so when RBTools is working with a Mercurial repository,
it will use Mercurial’s patterns, the default of which is globbing. More info
on Mercurial’s pattern support is available at
http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/file-names-and-pattern-matching.html
<http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/file-names-and-pattern-matching.html>.
However, Git, CVS, SVN, and Perforce don’t support this feature natively and
currently they only support *NIX shell globs.

With regards to your other question, to exclude all files of a certain pattern
(e.g., foo.*) regardless of the path, the command *would* be:
    rbt diff -X ‘/*foo.*'
or
    rbt diff -X '*foo.txt'
if you are in the root directory of the repository. However, case 1 currently
doesn’t work so you must use the relative path from the root of the repository
checkout. This, too, will be fixed in the next minor release.

Regards,
Barret