Wow! Thanks a lot for the quick response, Christian! Really appreciate it!

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Christian Hammond
<> wrote:
> Okay, I guess I was a bit confused here by which versions you're trying when.
> The "Django Evolution is too new" issue would apply if upgrading to a 1.7.x
> release. If you're upgrading to 2.0.13, then you *do* want/need the latest
> Django Evolution.

I'm directly upgrading from ReviewBoard 1.0.6 to 2.0.13 (on a different server)

> Let's sort of start over here. With a clean, upstream Review Board release,
> and the latest Django Evolution, can you show a complete 'rb-site upgrade'
> attempt?

Sounds like a plan. The output of 'rb-site upgrade' in my first post
contains exactly this info (since I saw you asked for the same details
in a different thread). Anyway, since we are starting over....

I cleaned up ReviewBoard (since I had modified some files) and
django_evolution (multiple versions). Re-installed ReviewBoard using:

    easy_install -U ReviewBoard

Imported the database dump from my 1.0.6 server.

# rb-site upgrade /srv/www/htdocs/reviewboard/
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.

The log output below, including warnings and errors,
can be ignored unless upgrade fails.

------------------ <begin log output> ------------------
Creating tables ...
Upgrading Review Board from 1.0.6 to 2.0.13
There are unapplied evolutions for auth.
There are unapplied evolutions for contenttypes.
There are unapplied evolutions for sessions.
There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.
There are unapplied evolutions for attachments.
There are unapplied evolutions for changedescs.
There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
There are unapplied evolutions for hostingsvcs.
There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.
There are unapplied evolutions for scmtools.
There are unapplied evolutions for site.
Adding baseline version for new models
Evolutions in attachments baseline: file_attachment_orig_filename,
file_attachment_file_max_length_512, file_attachment_repo_info,
Evolutions in site baseline: localsite_public
Evolutions in hostingsvcs baseline: account_hosting_url,
account_hosting_url_max_length_255, account_unique_together_baseline
Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Registering new SCM Tool Plastic SCM
(reviewboard.scmtools.plastic.PlasticTool) in database
The stored evolutions do not completely resolve all model changes.

Run `./ evolve --hint` to see a suggestion for the changes required.

The following are the changes that could not be resolved:
The application markup has been deleted
In model reviews.DefaultReviewer:
    In field 'repository':
        Property 'null' has changed
In model reviews.ReviewRequest:
    In field 'repository':
        Property 'null' has changed
CommandError: Your models contain changes that Django Evolution cannot
resolve automatically.

> I'm also going to need the results of:
>     rb-site manage /path/to/site list-evolutions

# rb-site manage /srv/www/htdocs/reviewboard/ list-evolutions
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  from md5 import md5
Applied evolutions for 'attachments':

Applied evolutions for 'diffviewer':

Applied evolutions for 'hostingsvcs':

Applied evolutions for 'reviews':

Applied evolutions for 'scmtools':

Applied evolutions for 'site':

> And a full SQL schema database dump (without any data).

Schema dump is attached.

Happy user? Let us know!
For more options, visit