I've installed RB 1.7.28 on a new CentOS 6.6. VM which has python 2.6.6.
When I run

rb-site install /var/www/rb

I get this error:

* Installing the site...
Building site directories ... OK
Building site configuration files ... OK
Creating database ...
[!] Unable to execute the manager command syncdb: No module named
    importlib
 Error: One or more models did not validate:
 scmtools.repository: 'review_groups' has an m2m relation with model
reviews.Group, which has either not been installed or is abstract.

If the installer is expecting importlib, that may be a problem since I
believe that's new in Python 2.7.  Or was importlib supposed to be
installed with RB?

--Steve