I'm testing out

RB 2.0.15
RBTools 0.7.2

and I've noticed something about how the --username option is handled that
I think is a bug, but I wanted to run it by you all before filing a bug
report.

What I've found is that when I do

rbt post --username me 1234

I always get prompted for a password.  If I already have a valid cookie in
.rbtools-cookies file, then I can type anything and the review will go
through.  If however I delete my .rbtools-cookie file, try again then the
authentication is done correctly.  Does that make sense?  It seems somehow
wrong to me.

This example may make it clearer.

$ rm ~/.rbtools-cookies
$ rbt post --username sallan 824

Please log in to the Review Board server at localhost.
Password: *bogus_password*
ERROR: Unexpected API Error: The username or password was not correct (HTTP
401, API Error 104)

$ rbt post --username sallan 824

Please log in to the Review Board server at localhost.
Password: *correct_password*
Generating diff for pending changeset 824
Review request #10 posted.

http://localhost/r/10/
http://localhost/r/10/diff/

$ rbt post --username sallan 824

Please log in to the Review Board server at localhost.
Password: *bogus_password*
Generating diff for pending changeset 824
Review request #10 posted.

http://localhost/r/10/
http://localhost/r/10/diff/

Notice the second time the bogus_password is accepted because I now have a
cookie. If that's the case, why prompt? Is this a bug? Would you like me to
file a report?

--Steve