We have a shared perforce account for doing merges called merge_master.
Here's a typical workflow:

$ ssh sallan@mergehost
$ sudo su - merge_master
$ run_merge ....

Once conflicts are resolved, we sometimes post for a review, but we want to
do that as ourselves, not as merge_master

We've been doing that with --username

$ rbt post --username sallan CL

But that leaves a cookie behind in my name, so if the next person comes
along and runs rbt without --username, they end up creating a review in my
name, which is awkward. Maybe using --submit-as would be better?

--steve