Hi,

There's no additional logs for this, as that's basically all the
information we're given. That error is coming straight from Git.

Best way to reproduce for testing is to `sudo -s` to your web server's
user, then attempt to do a `git ls-remotes` on that repository. See if you
get an error.

This does sound like either a permissions issue or SELinux. However, it
could also be that the user can't access some parent directory of the
repository.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM, <udam.dewar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I've also installed the beta 2.5 version and tried with that but get the
> same error message.
>
> Thanks again!
>

> On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 12:41:53 PM UTC-7, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just to check, is this repository local to the Review Board server, or
>> remote?
>>
>> If local, make sure that your web server's user (usually apache or
>> www-data) has read access to everything under the git repository.
>>
>> if remote, you're going to need to use a service like
>> gitweb/cgit/gitlab/etc, since Git has no support for fine-grained remote
>> access to files/commits. We have some docs on how to do this:
>> https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/2.0/admin/configuration/repositories/#raw-file-urls
>>
>> Christian

>> Review Board - https://www.reviewboard.org
>> Beanbag, Inc. - https://www.beanbaginc.com
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:07 AM, <udam.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to set up reviewboard on Fedora linux. I've already disabled
>>> SELinux due to other issues starting up Reviewboard. Running apache with
>>> the other recommended settings. Now I have review board setup but cannot
>>> get my git repository set up (even after trying for a day).
>>>
>>> Here's my issue:
>>> - I could not get the get repository setup with remote pointing to my
>>> private github repository.
>>> - Since then I have setup a local git repo using ssh
>>> - I've put the local git repo in multiple places (/tmp/foo,
>>> /home/user/foo etc) yet continue to get the same error in the setup repo
>>> screen where it says "permission denied accessing the local git repository"
>>> - In the mirror path, I specify ssh://g...@git.host.lan/github/foo.git
>>> - I've tried giving the apache user ownership of the foo directory and
>>> the .git directory and given ugo+rwx on both of those directories.
>>>
>>> If I specify only the ssh://g...@git.host.lan/github/foo.git as the path
>>> and leave the mirror path empty OR specify the same for the mirror path, I
>>> can create the repo but cannot post a review to the repo. It fails with the
>>> error:
>>>
>>> ~/D/P/foo ❯❯❯ rbt post --debug
>>> [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.0 (clang-600.0.39)]
>>> svn: E155007: '/Users/user/Development/Projects/foo' is not a working
>>> copy
>>> ---
>>> path: , Supports changesets: False
>>> origin/master
>>> --no-color --full-index --ignore-submodules -M --no-ext-diff
>>> 715970e7fa070b836cf00c0af254bee94776dc08..7811f02d7382c80525973c17f3cd810d191b81db
>>> http://host.domain.lan/api/review-requests/?only-links=create&only-fields=
>>> http://host.domain.lan/api/review-requests/
>>> http://host.domain.lan/api/review-requests/4/diffs/?only-fields=
>>> http://host.domain.lan/api/review-requests/4/diffs/
>>> 'None'\n"]}, u'stat': u'fail', u'err': {u'msg': u'One or more fields had
>>> REPOSITORY = "foo.git"