Yes we are on my-branch when we generate our own diff. It sounds like that’s
what ‘rbt post’ would do as well. There’s a number of these reviewboard.xyz
folders in the temp directory, suggesting the problem is somewhat common.

>From my-branch, our diff command is simply:

git diff --full-index --cached > output_file.diff

I don’t know why we have our own diff code, instead of using your toolset. We
started using rbtools with version 0.3, so maybe there were some bugs that we
had to work around with that version.

Terry

From: reviewboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:reviewboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Christian Hammond
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:20 PM
To: reviewboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Diff currently unavailable

With custom-generated git diffs, the biggest problem people run into is the
revision range not quite being correct. For instance, in this case:

  o [master]

  | o [my-branch] [HEAD]
  |/

If you're on HEAD and you generate a diff from master..HEAD, you can end up
with a diff that won't properly apply. Worth checking into that, seeing what
the state of the tree looks like when the diff is generated.

Why does the script generate its own diff rather than letting RBTools do that?
We're frequently updating the diff logic to work around various corner cases.

Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com<mailto:chip...@chipx86.com>

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Dunnigan, Terrence J