I thought I would reopen this old thread to see if any innovations that I'm
not aware of have occurred on this front or if others in the community have
come up with new creative ways to address this problem.

I've reached the conclusion that some folks really use the issue list as a
crutch and have a tendency to overlook or forget about non-issue comments.
Thus I've gotten to the point where I almost always open an issue for every
comment I make, even if it is something that I view more as a question and
not necessarily issue worthy, just so it will catch the submitter's eye.
This is fine for files that are included in the diff, but where there are
more global problems I find that I have no option but to discuss these in
either the review header or footer section, and there is not a way to flag
these as issues.  I'd say about half the time things I bring up in the
header/footer don't end up getting addressed until I bring them up a second
time.

I'd love to be able to open up arbitrary/unbound issue(s), or even just
generally flag the the header/footer as containing an issue, but short of
that it might be helpful if there was a little bit more of a visual
delineation between the review header and the first comment (perhaps RB 2.5
will help with this, but I'm not using that in a production environment
yet) .

Has anyone else found good ways to ensure that problems called out in
header/footer comments are not ignored?

Thanks,
Griffin