Hi All,

My company has recently upgrade to Review Board 2.0.18.

We had a number of extensions; one of which was an output box for the
results of some of our automated machinery.

The extension was built with a review request fields hook and a
`BaseEditableField`.

https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/2.0/extending/extensions/hooks/review-request-fields-hook/

The `BaseEditableField` had an extra data field on the review request with
name of `extension_result_output`.

We used to do PUT requests to the review request resource API to update
this extra data field. Unfortunately, this no longer works in Review Board
2.0.18 with this specific extra data field (I'm guessing this might be due
to the fact that there is some code interaction with the extension that
might prevent this).

A PUT request to the review request resource API can update any other extra
data field (which we are not using in extensions) except
`extension_result_output`.

Instead, `extension_result_ouptut` can get updated by the review request
draft resource API, but this causes emails to get sent out on small 1 line
updates to the output box. Additionally, the review request UI will get
flooded with updates to the box itself. Is there any way to prevent this as
it currently spams our users both by inbox and through the UI.

What is causing this discrepancy between why certain extra data fields can
get updated through the review request resource and others not? We run a
fairly high traffic Review Board instance. What is a recommended, immediate
solution and maybe long term solution that we might be able to implement?

Thanks,
Jay