Hi,

Git was installed from Cygwin, but Python was installed from a Windows 
installer. The Python folder was then added to the PATH environment 
variable and Cygwin was restarted afterwards.

Perhaps that's the issue -- should I try to install Python from Cygwin?


On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 6:01:21 PM UTC+8, Christian Hammond wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> How was Python and Git installed? Were both from Cygwin?
>
> We're trying to change to the directory reported by `git rev-parse 
> --show-toplevel`, and it seems that path is in a different format from what 
> that build of Python requires for paths.
>
> Christian
>
> -- 
> Christian Hammond - chri...@beanbaginc.com <javascript:>
> Review Board - https://www.reviewboard.org
> Beanbag, Inc. - https://www.beanbaginc.com
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 1:32 AM, hbCyber <jean.sebas...@gmail.com 
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Sorry to be causing trouble with my particular setup!
>>
>> Here's the output you were asking for. For privacy reasons I have 
>> anonymized the paths with markers like {username}
>>
>> *$ rbt setup-repo --debug*
>> *>>> RBTools 0.7.4*
>> *>>> Python 2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:44:16) [MSC v.1500 64 bit 
>> (AMD64)]*
>> *>>> Running on Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1*
>> *>>> Home = C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming*
>> *>>> Current directory = C:\cygwin\home\{username}\{repository}*
>> *Enter the Review Board server URL: {server URL}*
>> *>>> Running: git version*
>> *>>> Checking for a Subversion repository...*
>> *>>> Unable to execute "svn help": skipping SVN*
>> *>>> Checking for a Git repository...*
>> *>>> Running: git rev-parse --git-dir*
>> *>>> Running: git config core.bare*
>> *>>> Running: git rev-parse --show-toplevel*
>> *Traceback (most recent call last):*
>> *  File "C:\Python27\Scripts\rbt-script.py", line 8, in <module>*
>> *    load_entry_point('RBTools==0.7.4', 'console_scripts', 'rbt')()*
>> *  File 
>> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\rbtools-0.7.4-py2.7.egg\rbtools\commands\main.py",
>>  
>> line 133, in main*
>> *    command.run_from_argv([RB_MAIN, command_name] + args)*
>> *  File 
>> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\rbtools-0.7.4-py2.7.egg\rbtools\commands\__init__.py",
>>  
>> line 612, in run_from_argv*
>> *    exit_code = self.main(*args) or 0*
>> *  File 
>> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\rbtools-0.7.4-py2.7.egg\rbtools\commands\setup_repo.py",
>>  
>> line 109, in main*
>> *    repository_info, tool = self.initialize_scm_tool()*
>> *  File 
>> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\rbtools-0.7.4-py2.7.egg\rbtools\commands\__init__.py",
>>  
>> line 641, in initialize_scm_tool*
>> *    client_name=client_name)*
>> *  File 
>> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\rbtools-0.7.4-py2.7.egg\rbtools\clients\__init__.py",
>>  
>> line 408, in scan_usable_client*
>> *    repository_info = tool.get_repository_info()*
>> *  File 
>> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\rbtools-0.7.4-py2.7.egg\rbtools\clients\git.py",
>>  
>> line 219, in get_repository_info*
>> *    os.chdir(os.path.abspath(git_top))*
>> *WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 
>> u'C:\\home\\{username}\\{repository}'*
>>
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jean
>>
>>
>> On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 4:23:41 PM UTC+8, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Python on Windows is, in general, a mess. When used with Cygwin, it's 
>>> even more so. Paths and process execution work differently, and so things 
>>> like this may come up.
>>>
>>> Can you show me the command output with the --debug argument passed to 
>>> 'rbt setup-repo"?
>>>
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Christian Hammond - chri...@beanbaginc.com
>>> Review Board - https://www.reviewboard.org
>>> Beanbag, Inc. - https://www.beanbaginc.com
>>>
>>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 12:52 AM, hbCyber <jean.sebas...@gmail.com> 
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Using Cygwin under Windows 8, I've been unable to setup my repository 
>>>> and post reviews using the command-line *rbt* tool.
>>>>
>>>> Here are my details:
>>>>
>>>>    - Windows 8 x64
>>>>    - Cygwin
>>>>    - Server is running ReviewBoard v2.0.20
>>>>    - Using RBTools 0.7.4
>>>>    - Repository is Git (using BitBucket as a service)
>>>>    
>>>> Whenever I attempt to run *setup-repo* or post under my Cygwin prompt, 
>>>> the command fails because the path is misconstrued.
>>>>
>>>> Example:
>>>>
>>>> *$ rbt setup-repo*
>>>> *Enter the Review Board server URL: [My server's URL]*
>>>> *CRITICAL: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 
>>>> u'C:\\home\\[My username]\\[My Git repository folder]'*
>>>>
>>>> I don't know how I can tell *rbt* to look in */home/[My username]/[My 
>>>> Git repository folder]* instead of *C:\\* which doesn't work under 
>>>> Cygwin.
>>>>
>>>> Any suggestions?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: 
>>>> https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
>>>> Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: 
>>>> https://rbcommons.com/
>>>> Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>> --- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>> Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: 
>> https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
>> Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: 
>> https://rbcommons.com/
>> Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "reviewboard" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>

-- 
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: 
https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: 
https://rbcommons.com/
Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to