Rather than update the entire OS, I'd like to install python 2.7 on
CentOS6. Now, so far as I am aware, there's no method for installing python
over the system version without breaking at *least* yum. If not more. Maybe
there's a way? But I don't know what it is.

So installing python 2.7 as, say, /usr/local/python27 is totally easy and I
have no problem doing that. But what I can't find in the documentation is
whether or not it's possible to change which python binaries/libraries
reviewboard uses without completely recompiling and installing. And since
we use easy_install, that seems like it would make it even more complicated.

Is there a known, working method for installing python2.7 side-by-side on a
CentOS 6 machine, and getting an existing reviewboard installation to
recognize it?