On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Sam <msamifa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your response:
> That is correct, I am referring to the emails going out when updating a
> change or posting review.
>
> 1- The person writing the draft should control the email notification but
> they can control it when it is only in draft mode at the present time.
> After it is published they cannot change it. i.e What If I dont want to
> send notification until all reviews done and send notification when it is
> in close state. So the writer/owner of the review record should be able to
> change that at any state, this checkbox should not be just for the draft
> mode.

The checkbox for sending e-mail is only for that particular publish.
There's no changing it, because it's not a stored setting of any kind. It
simply controls what happens when you click the Publish button.

I'm trying to make sense of the scenario you're listing, but it doesn't
really make sense to me. Since the owner of the review request can control
whether an e-mail is sent out any time they perform any update, they
already have that ability.

> 2- Reviewers want to send their review and might want to turn off the
> notification. But this option does not exist for reviewers. What is the
> reason for not making this option available for everyone?

There's no such thing as a trivial review. Reviews should be noticed. Not
informing a user about a review goes against the purpose of the product.

> 3- At anytime you make the change on the review record the option should
> be available to reviewers and owner of the record as if they want to send
> email notification or not. This way the team has control over sending the
> emails at any point.

This works for trivial updates to a review request, but we have no plans to
make e-mails optional in this way for reviews, for the reasons stated
above. However, if you really need complete control, you could conceivably
write an extension that replaces the entire e-mail functionality, along
with some UI for controlling this for reviews. We're probably not going to
take patches for this in Review Board, though, for reviews.

Christian