Jerome,

The hook that you're looking at is a pluggable way to choose how the
"approved" and "approval_failure" fields should behave (
https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/2.5/webapi/2.0/resources/review-request/#fields).
These fields are used in things like git hook scripts to automatically
accept/reject a push based on whatever custom workflow a team may have.
That hook is therefore called when the API is accessed.

Probably what you want to do is have your extension listen to the
"review_published" signal from `reviewboard.reviews.signals` and then check
the ship_it state on the review object. There's an example of an extension
listening to signals at
https://github.com/reviewboard/rb-extension-pack/blob/master/rbwebhooks/rbwebhooks/handlers.py

-David

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM <jer...@bodycad.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking to create a hook extension inside ReviewBoard. I manage to
> create and install it seem to be recognized and I can enable it. But I
> think I got the wrong hook and I cannot figure out when it is really called.
>
> I try the review-request-approval-hook, but it doesn't seem to be called
> after a ship it occure. When does this hook get called exactly?
>

> https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/extending/extensions/hooks/review-request-approval-hook/
>
> What I want to do is, when a review is getting a ship it, I want to change
> the related issue status inside Redmine. I installed python-redmine into my
> bitnami python stack fro review board. But I'm not sure which hook to use
> when a reviewer click on ship it, to perform script hook.
>

> Maybe there's some extension already existing for that? any good page for
> extension list?
> I found this, but aside from power pack, there ain't much:
> https://www.reviewboard.org/store/
>
> Thanks,
> Jerome

> https://rbcommons.com/