Hi Antony,

One go should be perfectly fine. Please back up your database, though.
Every so often, people on older versions have trouble due to old
configurations in their database that affect new installs. For instance,
MySQL now defaults to InnoDB, but your database may use MyISAM for existing
tables. These would need to be converted first.

Christian