Hi Markus,

Not sure why it would suddenly break from 2.5.2 to 2.5.4 (to my knowledge,
nothing changes on our end here), but PIL is old and outdated, and won't be
an option for too many more major releases.

I suggest uninstalling PIL and installing Pillow instead. That's the modern
fork of PIL, and will be supported going forward.

Christian Hammond