I've narrowed this problem down to if the same file is modified and renamed
in the same commit, no diffs are generated for any file when creating a
review request and the 'could not be found in the repository' error is
logged. Is there a work-around for this besides not committing a
modification and rename at the same time?

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 2:48:08 PM UTC-4, Joe Cooper wrote:

> [...]
>
> line 283, in update_from_committed_change
> base_commit_id=commit.base_commit_id)
> File
> "/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard/diffviewer/managers.py",
> line 441, in create_from_data
> check_existence=(not parent_diff_file_contents)))
> File
> "/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard/diffviewer/managers.py",
> line 586, in _process_files
> base_commit_id)
> FileNotFoundError: The file '/some/path/SomeFile.cs' (r) could not be
> found in the repository
>
> 2016-06-20 18:15:34,668 - ERROR - - Unable to update new review request
> from commit ID fa4e9537b44661f3d815d7b9bdbc413344f879bc: The file
> '/some/path/SomeFile.cs' (r) could not be found in the repository
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard/reviews/managers.py",
> line 150, in create
> review_request.update_from_commit_id(commit_id)
> File
> "/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard/reviews/models/base_review_request_details.py",
>
> line 220, in update_from_commit_id
> self.update_from_committed_change(commit_id)
> File
> "/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard/reviews/models/base_review_request_details.py",
>
> line 283, in update_from_committed_change
> base_commit_id=commit.base_commit_id)
> File
> "/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard/diffviewer/managers.py",
> line 441, in create_from_data
> check_existence=(not parent_diff_file_contents)))
> File
> "/opt/bitnami/apps/reviewboard/htdocs/reviewboard/diffviewer/managers.py",
> line 586, in _process_files
> base_commit_id)
> FileNotFoundError: The file '/some/path/SomeFile.cs' (r) could not be
> found in the repository
> Show less
>

> On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 12:10:56 PM UTC-4, David Trowbridge wrote:
>>
>> Are there any errors in the Review Board log file?
>>
>> -David
>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:09 AM Joe Cooper <joe.c...@socketlabs.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My team is using Review Board version 2.5.3.
>>>
>>> We are using a github hosted repo. We create review requests by
>>> selecting a repo -> branch -> and then selecting the commit to review on
>>> the web interface.
>>>
>>> Sometimes, the diff is not generated for the review. That is, the Diffs
>>> tab is not available and the Diff Size is blank even though the commit
>>> includes a lot of diffs. The last time this happened, the commit in
>>> question happened before a merge. The merge commit generates diffs just
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> So far we have tried:
>>> 1. Deleting reviews permanently and recreating
>>> 2. Recreating using different users