I used our own nginx for GitLab, and I guess that's how it messed up the 
API calls. I don't know how to proceed to figure out the root cause, So I 
reinstalled Gitlab on another server using the built-in nginx, and it 
works... 

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 9:46:28 AM UTC+8, Yang Yu wrote:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> I've tried to restart the memcached, but it didn't work either. Could you 
> point me to where I should look into more?
>
> I tried to add new projects to rb, but all editing on the old files are 
> still showing patch failed.
>
> Sincerely,
> Yang
>
> On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 2:04:38 PM UTC+8, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>
>> Hi Yang,
>>
>> That's a different sort of cache from memcached, and isn't related to 
>> diffs.
>>
>> Can you try doing a full restart of memcached?
>>
>> Christian
>>
>>
>> On Saturday, June 11, 2016, Yang Yu <yang....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just upgraded RB to 2.5.6.1 and it still has the same problem: works 
>>> only for brand new files...
>>>
>>> During the upgrade, it says "Resetting in-database caches.", so I assume 
>>> there is no cache.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Yang
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 11:37:57 AM UTC+8, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Try upgrading to the latest Review Board (2.5.6.1). We fixed some 
>>>> issues with GitLab, and we should start there before investigating too 
>>>> much 
>>>> further.
>>>>
>>>> Christian
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Saturday, June 11, 2016, Yang Yu <yang....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Christian,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks for replying!
>>>>>
>>>>> We are using Review Board 2.5.4. I'm using default configurations for 
>>>>> GitLab. The following is what I see from the internal state:
>>>>> {"repository_plan": "personal", "hosting_url": "
>>>>> http://gitlab.ito.com.cn";, "use_ticket_auth": false, 
>>>>> "bug_tracker_use_hosting": false, "gitlab_project_id": 14, 
>>>>> "gitlab_personal_repo_name": "HandsOn-Backend"}
>>>>>
>>>>> Here's also a screenshot of the configuration:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-z1q_V8H36II/V1zJ2C8GraI/AAAAAAAAD-Y/eOxA5S1x-EgVs1aWeEHIYnarMFIxTAVmACLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-06-12%2Bat%2B10.32.28%2BAM.png>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Does rb use memcached for the cached repository? I tried to flush_all 
>>>>> in memcached and it doesn't work :(
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Yang
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 5:37:20 AM UTC+8, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We cache file lookups from the repository. During diff generation, we 
>>>>>> check if we have the file contents from the repository in our cache. If 
>>>>>> so, 
>>>>>> we use that as the base for generating a side-by-side diff. If we don't 
>>>>>> have it, we talk to the repository, asking it for the file, given a path 
>>>>>> and revision. For Git-related services, we generally need to talk to a 
>>>>>> service's API, or look it up on a GitWeb server, as Git's remoting 
>>>>>> protocol 
>>>>>> is extremely limited.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> What version of Review Board are you using, and what does your GitLab 
>>>>>> repository configuration look like in Review Board?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> Christian Hammond
>>>>>> President/CEO of Beanbag <https://www.beanbaginc.com/>
>>>>>> Makers of Review Board <https://www.reviewboard.org/>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 5:24 AM, Yang Yu <yang....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Just some additional thoughts. 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> How does reviewboard talk to GitLab when displaying the diff? If 
>>>>>>> there is no cache in reviewboard, then it's definitely something with 
>>>>>>> GitLab and git cache. I remember this happened before when switching 
>>>>>>> repos. 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 12:17:22 PM UTC+8, Yang Yu wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi there,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> So, we originally installed RB and GitLab on our own hosts and 
>>>>>>>> access them through IP. Yesterday, we start to use domain names 
>>>>>>>> instead of 
>>>>>>>> IPs.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 1. The GitLab repo addr changed from 111.111.*/repo to 
>>>>>>>> domain.com/repo
>>>>>>>> 2. I changed the repo settings in reviewboard to point to the new 
>>>>>>>> domain:  domain.com/repo
>>>>>>>> 3. I changed the .reviewboardrc to point the RB url to new domain: 
>>>>>>>> rb.domain.com
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Then I found some diffs are having the "the patch didn't apply 
>>>>>>>> cleanly" issue. Then I tried to test with a new diff (use the rbt post 
>>>>>>>> to 
>>>>>>>> generate), if it's a new file to the repo, then it will be fine. If 
>>>>>>>> it's a 
>>>>>>>> modification on an existing file, then it will have this issue. 
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I tried to flush the memcached with "flush_all" but it didn't work. 
>>>>>>>> I looked at the .rej and it looks fine to me. However, the -new file 
>>>>>>>> is 
>>>>>>>> just gitblob, which confuses me.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> The problem diffs are attached. I'm not quite sure how rb works. 
>>>>>>>> Where should I go to look into next?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Best regards,
>>>>>>>> Yang
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: 
>>>>>>> https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
>>>>>>> Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: 
>>>>>>> https://rbcommons.com/
>>>>>>> Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>>>>> --- 
>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
>>>>>>> send an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> -- 
>>>> Christian Hammond
>>>> President/CEO of Beanbag <https://www.beanbaginc.com/>
>>>> Makers of Review Board <https://www.reviewboard.org/>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>> Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: 
>>> https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
>>> Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: 
>>> https://rbcommons.com/
>>> Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>> --- 
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>> an email to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> -- 
>> Christian Hammond
>> President/CEO of Beanbag <https://www.beanbaginc.com/>
>> Makers of Review Board <https://www.reviewboard.org/>
>>
>>

-- 
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: 
https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: 
https://rbcommons.com/
Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to