RB on Ubuntu 14.04 on Azure.

I save email settings with "Send a test email" checked, the test message
arrives quickly, as expected.

All notification checkboxes are checked, but when I post a test review, the
reviewer does not receive a notification email. Nothing is getting filtered
-- the missing message is not in spam or clutter. I also did not receive an
email when a coworker created an account to help with testing.

All users have a valid email address -- I've even done a test review with
"admin" as the reviewer, same recipient as the test email that works, but
no notification email. We've also tested using an internal mail server that
has no security settings or spam filtering enabled; still no message.

Nothing in the RB log or in syslog.

Any ideas?