Hi,

I would like to use REMOTE_USER set by Apache to authenticate users in
ReviewBoard. I have tried adding RemoteUserMiddleware in MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES
and my custom auth backend which extends django's RemoteUserBackend
in AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS in settings_local.py. But the authentication is
not working.

I looked at
https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/2.5/extending/extensions/hooks/auth-backend-hook/#auth-backend-hook

but it requires that I provide a subclass of
reviewboard.accounts.backends.AuthBackend
<https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/2.5/extending/coderef/python/reviewboard.accounts.backends/#reviewboard.accounts.backends.AuthBackend>

whose authenticate method takes username and password as arguments. But i
don't have password corresponding to the username.

Could you someone help me with this? Has anyone tried using this with
ReviewBoard v2.5.x?

Thanks,
Abhi