Hi Abhi,

The authenticate() method is needed for the login page, which will require
a password. If you just never use that page, you won't have to worry about
using those parameters as-is (see X509AuthBackend and X509AuthMiddleware).

What kind of problems are you hitting, specifically? Any errors?

For the record, your auth backend will need to be a subclass of our
AuthBackend class. You can use multiple inheritance for this, though. We
have more specialized needs than what Django provides by default, so just
dropping in a subclass of RemoteUserBackend without complying with
AuthBackend won't work.

Christian Hammond