Hi Alfred,

There's a draft of a document on my computer, but nothing online yet. I
need to finish it.

The database password is stored in $sitedir/conf/settings_local.py. Sounds
like the database was copied but the "rb" database user wasn't recreated.
Once that's fixed, you should be able to perform the upgrade.

Christian

On Thursday, August 11, 2016, Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com> wrote:

> I must be missing a simple step somewhere.  I’m trying to migrate a
> ReviewBoard version 1.7.27 instance running on CentOS 6 to version 2.5.6.1
> on CentOS 7.  I’ve installed ReviewBoard (via EPEL RPM) on the new server,
> installed MySQL and created the reviewboard database, loaded the SQL dump
> from the old server, copied the site directory to the new server, and am
> trying to run “rb-site upgrade”.  This fails with the following error:
> "django.db.utils.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user
> 'rb'@'localhost'
> (using password: YES)”)”, which make sense because I haven’t configured the
> password anywhere.  Where does it go?
>
> The documentation is great about how to set up a new site, but I can’t
> find anything about migrating from one server to another.  Is there such a
> document?
>
> Alfred

> https://rbcommons.com/
> email to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <javascript:;>.