> On Aug 11, 2016, at 19:41, Christian Hammond <christ...@beanbaginc.com> wrote:
>
> There's a draft of a document on my computer, but nothing online yet. I need
> to finish it.

If you want me to review/edit it as I’m doing the migration, I will be glad to.
 Just let me know.

> The database password is stored in $sitedir/conf/settings_local.py. Sounds
> like the database was copied but the "rb" database user wasn't recreated.
> Once that's fixed, you should be able to perform the upgrade.

Ah, that’s where it is.  I should have known.  In any event, I thought I used
the same password but I was off by one character.  In order to make the
migration easier (I plan to do it multiple times until I get it right), I
updated the password for the rb user on the new server to match the old one, so
I can just copy the site directory as is from the older server to the new one.
However, after I did that, I got the errors below running the rb-site upgrade
command.  I must have missed one minor step when creating the database, but
don’t know what.

Thanks,
Alfred

# rb-site upgrade /var/www/html/rb
Rebuilding directory structure
Updating database. This may take a while.

The log output below, including warnings and errors,
can be ignored unless upgrade fails.

------------------ <begin log output> ------------------
Creating tables ...
Creating table accounts_trophy

[!] There was an error synchronizing the database. Make sure the
    database is created and has the appropriate permissions, and then
    continue.
[!] Details: (1005, "Can't create table 'reviewboard.#sql-41fd_f'
    (errno: 150)")

Press Enter to continue
Creating tables ...
Creating table attachments_fileattachmenthistory
Creating table diffviewer_rawfilediffdata
Creating table notifications_webhooktarget_repositories

[!] There was an error synchronizing the database. Make sure the
    database is created and has the appropriate permissions, and then
    continue.
[!] Details: (1005, "Can't create table 'reviewboard.#sql-41fd_f'
    (errno: 150)")

Press Enter to continue
Creating tables ...
Creating table notifications_webhooktarget

[!] There was an error synchronizing the database. Make sure the
    database is created and has the appropriate permissions, and then
    continue.
[!] Details: (1005, "Can't create table 'reviewboard.#sql-41fd_f'
    (errno: 150)")

Press Enter to continue
Creating tables ...
Creating table webapi_webapitoken

[!] There was an error synchronizing the database. Make sure the
    database is created and has the appropriate permissions, and then
    continue.
[!] Details: (1005, "Can't create table 'reviewboard.#sql-41fd_f'
    (errno: 150)")

Press Enter to continue
Creating tables ...
Upgrading Review Board from 1.7.27 to 2.5.6.1
There are unapplied evolutions for auth.
There are unapplied evolutions for contenttypes.
There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.
There are unapplied evolutions for attachments.
There are unapplied evolutions for changedescs.
There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
There are unapplied evolutions for hostingsvcs.
There are unapplied evolutions for notifications.
There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.
There are unapplied evolutions for scmtools.
There are unapplied evolutions for webapi.
Adding baseline version for new models
Evolutions in webapi baseline: webapitoken_jsonfield_null
Evolutions in notifications baseline: webhooktarget_extra_state,
webhooktarget_extra_data_null
Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
CommandError: Error applying evolution: (1005, "Can't create table
'reviewboard.#sql-41fd_10' (errno: 150)")