Hi Christian,

For the server side, I have written a simple custom authentication backend
(extending from RB's AuthBackend) which uses REMOTE_USER (set by Apache) to
authenticate the user. I am adding RemoteUserMiddleware in the
settings_local.py file. This has worked so far in basic usage of
ReviewBoard. Do you see any drawbacks with this approach?

I will try to modify RBTools source code and see if I can make it work.
Before the upgrade i used to use post_review.py script (with some
customizations) for posting reviews, is it advisable to use that with
latest version (I haven't tested it yet)?

Thanks,
Abhi