Hey,

So the good news is, this is not a corruption issue, nor is it related to
the contents of any of your files.

This error is occurring when saving diff data using our new compressed
storage mechanism. We populate a binary field with compressed diff data
when uploading a new diff, viewing an existing diff, or condensing all
diffs.

What's happening is that MySQL is validating the compressed data as
Unicode. It's then seeing something it doesn't like in there and
complaining about it, but still permitting it to be stored. The storage is
therefore working as expected (since you can then successfully view the
diff), just the validation is wrong. This happens regardless of the
contents of your diffs.

Newer versions of Django work around this, but we don't use those versions.
I'll see if there's a workaround we can put in place.

If you keep DEBUG set to False (which you should for production), then the
warnings shouldn't crash the page. If need be, you can instruct MySQL to
ignore warning code 1300.

What version of MySQL are you using?

Christian