More info on this.

I started from scratch once again : deleted MySQL database, remove all
reviewboard sites and start the rb-site install process again.

My site now has one repository, 2 users (the admin and me), one group
(myGroup) and one default reviewer (assigns a specific path to myGroup).

If i upload a patch file to the UI from my hard drive, with files
corresponding to my default reviewer rule, everything is fine, the group is
assigned.

If i browse the commits from the "/reviewboard/r/new/" URL and create a new
review request for the same commit as my patch, the default reviewer IS NOT
assigned and i will see some utf-8 parsing error in the server log.

I did not have the problem on version 2.5.6.1

On a side note, since i downloaded version 2.5.7, i cannot install a
previous revision on my system (the dashboard asks me to perform a rb-site
update...).