I'm currently evaluating RB 2.5.7 and am having trouble like others here
have reported, but 2.5.7 is supposed to be able to deal with strict email
server requirements.  From what I am seeing, this isn't the case in my
situation.

We have a generic "do not reply" address that we use for other systems like
trac, and email notifications are working fine there.  However, when
sending via RB, I can see errors in the console like:

SMTPDataError: (550, '5.7.62 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send
on behalf of the from address')

In email settings, I have actually specified the "do not reply" email
address in the the "sender" area, and am using the same account in the SMTP
settings, hoping that this would cause RB to send from "do not reply" and
not "on behalf of".

I haven't found a way to disable sending on the behalf of another user, and
all posts I have read so far indicate that it shouldn't be necessary.

Can anyone tell me what my next steps are for debugging, and ultimately
resolving this issue?  Not having email notifications is a non-starter for
me as far as a code review solution goes.  Thank you!