Hi Rob,

That's correct. The review request is only available for file attachments
at that point. That's how it's been since Review Board 1.6. You can't
create a review request for a repository without providing a diff.

If you have a diff, you can create a review request against the repository
and attach the diff at that time, as before. The UI has just changed a bit.
We strongly recommend using RBTools to create/update your review request,
though, as this is simpler, faster, and works around bugs in Perforce diffs.

I'm confused about step #3, about the emails. Can you elaborate?

Christian

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 05:22 'Rob Backhurst' via reviewboard <
reviewboard@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> You'll have to excuse me, i do't use ReviewBoard myself so just relaying
> messages from our dev team.
> ----
>
> When you do this then you are unable to add a diff at a later stage.
> It creates the form as a non-repository form.
> The workflow we sometimes use is:
> 1. Create form and fill in details using web browser.
> 2. From the server generate a diff and update the RB form
> 3. Reviewer add any comments they have to an email and then additionally
> attaches to the RB form.
>
> We can create a non-repository form as you have seen, but when we then try
> and use a P4 changelist Id to generate a diff and attach to the form, it
> results in an error.
> -----
>
> Thanks
> Rob
>
> On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 09:25:05 UTC+1, Rob Backhurst wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since upgrading to RB 2.5.10 our developers have noticed they can not
>> post a review without uploading a diff.
>> Previously, using the web interface you were able to create a RB form
>> without a diff – Can we configure RB to allow this again?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rob

> https://rbcommons.com/

Christian Hammond