Yes, the "<revision>" part is the blob SHA, not the commit SHA. This has
been the case since git support was initially added.

It is possible to support hosting services that require a commit SHA rather
than a blob SHA, but it means writing a hosting service backend in Review
Board and using RBTools to post all code changes for review (since diff
files don't contain the commit SHA)

-David