Hi Christian, we just tried 3.0.6 and it works out of the box with our
GitLab server without having to use cgit/GitWeb and we don't have the
repositories directly accessible via file paths. So somehow the API access
works fine!

Also, do you know why we can not upload any avatar images? Is that a known
issue?

Thanks
-Selim