I am getting this same error after doing a restore of our current/old
reviewboard db and then rb-site upgrade

Applying database evolutions for diffviewer...
Database evolutions for diffviewer failed!
The SQL statement was: CREATE INDEX `diffviewer_filediff_4d02a56a` ON
`diffviewer_filediff` (`raw_diff_hash_id`);
The database error was: (1061, "Duplicate key name
'diffviewer_filediff_4d02a56a'")

CommandError: Error applying evolution for diffviewer: (1061, "Duplicate
key name 'diffviewer_filediff_4d02a56a'")

On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 00:26:32 UTC+1, Gene Paul Quevedo wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> I did drop the database before creating it again using the DB Dump. Was
> that sufficient? What would be a proper way of recreating it?
>
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 at 13:37 Christian Hammond <chri...@beanbaginc.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gene,
>>
>> Was the database fully recreated between attempts? It seems like there
>> may be some stale indexes sitting around.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Gene Paul Quevedo <gene.q...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Christian,
>>>
>>> I (re) tried this procedure of creating a dump from production, creating
>>> a database on a test server, changing the engine to InnoDB for 64 tables
>>> and, running the rb-site upgrade.
>>> Still, it's failing somewhere, but I'm able to capture the log message
>>> from the upgrade failure, the first after using a pristine DB copy from the
>>> production.
>>>
>>> root@test:~# rb-site upgrade /var/www/netcomm-codereviews
>>> Rebuilding directory structure
>>> Upgrading site settings_local.py
>>> Updating database. This may take a while.
>>>
>>> The log output below, including warnings and errors,
>>> can be ignored unless upgrade fails.
>>>
>>> ------------------ <begin log output> ------------------
>>> Creating tables ...
>>> Creating table accounts_trophy
>>> Creating table attachments_fileattachmenthistory
>>> Creating table diffviewer_rawfilediffdata
>>> Creating table notifications_webhooktarget_repositories
>>> Creating table notifications_webhooktarget
>>> Creating table webapi_webapitoken
>>> Upgrading Review Board from 2.0.25 to 2.5.15
>>> There are unapplied evolutions for accounts.
>>> There are unapplied evolutions for attachments.
>>> There are unapplied evolutions for diffviewer.
>>> There are unapplied evolutions for notifications.
>>> There are unapplied evolutions for reviews.
>>> There are unapplied evolutions for webapi.
>>> Adding baseline version for new models
>>> Evolutions in notifications baseline: webhooktarget_extra_state,
>>> webhooktarget_extra_data_null
>>> Project signature has changed - an evolution is required
>>> Installing custom SQL ...
>>> Installing indexes ...
>>> Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
>>>
>>> This may take a while. Please be patient, and do not cancel the upgrade!
>>>
>>> Applying database evolutions for accounts...
>>> Applying database evolutions for attachments...
>>> Applying database evolutions for diffviewer...
>>> Database evolutions for diffviewer failed!
>>> The SQL statement was: CREATE INDEX `diffviewer_filediff_4d02a56a` ON
>>> `diffviewer_filediff` (`raw_diff_hash_id`);
>>> The database error was: (1061, "Duplicate key name
>>> 'diffviewer_filediff_4d02a56a'")
>>>
>>> CommandError: Error applying evolution for diffviewer: (1061, "Duplicate
>>> key name 'diffviewer_filediff_4d02a56a'")

> [...]

"Review Board Community" group.