Ok so a little update:

This is a "bug" with administrator users only, and has been present as
early as 2.0.24

Users who are admins but not the submitter of a review will run into this
issue, but if you publish another change to that review, the issue goes
away and uploading files works correctly (the drop down will not disappear
again).

Ordinary users who are not the submitter of a review do not have the option
or authority to adjust the review by uploading files, or uploading diffs.

After reading some other posts I realized that the intended design is to
only permit submitters/owners to modify the review request, and that has
been the case for quite some time.

So in 3.0.7 , they've actually extended the ability to upload files to
others by allowing issues to be assigned an owner, and that functionality
works correctly. It used to be whoever opened the review was the only one
who could upload a file.

So for my team the topic of this issue is no longer a problem, and the
reviewboard team is free to ignore it.

Thanks,
Nikhil

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 2:25:44 PM UTC-4, nikhilshar...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still narrowing this down, but when using 3.0.7 and attempting to
> upload a file to a review which I am neither owner nor submitter, I do not
> receive the green publish drop-down prompt. If I save a comment, the
> drop-down appears, and I can successfully publish that comment, which then
> publishes the files I was trying to upload.
>
> In fact I think what is happening is the owner/submitter will get the
> publish request pushed to them in the UI, I have yet to duplicate but have
> gotten reports from my team of that behavior.
>
> So I think it's a bug with file uploads, but at least publishing anything
> after a file upload will publish the files as well. I hadn't seen any
> issues with drag-and-drop images into comment either, I think it's related
> to directly editing a review.
>

> Thanks,
> Nikhil

"Review Board Community" group.