Hi Israel,

We don't have a built-in way of doing this for Active Directory users. In
order to create the local entry in the database for an AD user, we need
some information on the user from AD that can be passed to
ActiveDirectoryBackend.get_or_create_user(). This comes from a user lookup
that happens during the authentication process. It's unfortunately just a
restriction of the current way this backend currently works (and is
probably worth changing, really).

It's definitely possible to script something of your own that performs the
lookup manually and constructs a user through that method (or just by
performing logic identical to that method for the user construction),
though, if you feel comfortable with Python. The code you'd want to look up
is in reviewboard/accounts/backends/ad.py.

Christian

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:40 PM Israel Tsadok <itsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to evangelize reviewboard in my organization, but I'm held
> back by an annoying limitation. I am using Active Directory authentication,
> and it seems that the only way for an AD user to get created is for that
> user to log into the system with their AD credentials.
> This means that I can't assign bugs to users that have never logged on to
> the service, and inviting people to join becomes awkward.
>
> Is there some tool or script that I can use to create a reviewboard
> account for a given AD user?
>
> Thanks.

> https://rbcommons.com/
> "Review Board Community" group.