-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/46750/#review130849
-----------------------------------------------------------




ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/HostResourceProvider.java
 (line 854)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/46750/#comment194755>

    Should the dryrun response also report back requests that will fail (not ok 
to remove)?


- Jayush Luniya


On April 27, 2016, 9:38 p.m., Ajit Kumar wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/46750/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated April 27, 2016, 9:38 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for Ambari, Nahappan Somasundaram, Sumit Mohanty, and Sid 
> Wagle.
> 
> 
> Bugs: AMBARI-16145
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-16145
> 
> 
> Repository: ambari
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> API should be take dry_run directive and check if requested host can be 
> deleted w/o deleting the host and should return error if any, like host is 
> not in delete friendly state.
> It should also support bulk delete format
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/api/resources/HostResourceDefinition.java
>  c9b0878 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/HostResourceProvider.java
>  4dc47be 
>   
> ambari-server/src/test/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/HostResourceProviderTest.java
>  1c91477 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/46750/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> curl -i -X DELETE -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By:ambari' 
> http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/a/hosts/?dry_run=true -d 
> '{"RequestInfo":{"query":"Hosts/host_name.in(c6401.ambari.apache.org,c6402.ambari.apache.org)"}}'
> {
>   "deleteResult" : [
>     {
>       "deleted" : {
>         "key" : "c6402.ambari.apache.org"
>       }
>     },
>     {
>       "error" : {
>         "key" : "c6401.ambari.apache.org",
>         "code" : 500,
>         "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Cannot remove 
> host c6401.ambari.apache.org from a.  The following roles exist, and these 
> components must be stopped if running, and then deleted: ZOOKEEPER_SERVER"
>       }
>     }
>   ]
> }
> 
> curl -i -X DELETE -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By:ambari' 
> 'http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/a/hosts/?dry_run=true&Hosts/host_name=c6401.ambari.apache.org'
> {
>   "status" : 500,
>   "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An 
> internal system exception occurred: Cannot remove host 
> c6401.ambari.apache.org from a.  The following roles exist, and these 
> components must be stopped if running, and then deleted: ZOOKEEPER_SERVER"
> }
> 
> 
> curl -i -X DELETE -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By:ambari' 
> 'http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/a/hosts/?dry_run=true&Hosts/host_name=c6402.ambari.apache.org'
> 
> 200 OK
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Ajit Kumar
> 
>

Reply via email to