-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/48549/#review138343
-----------------------------------------------------------




ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/RANGER/0.4.0/package/scripts/setup_ranger_xml.py
 (line 53)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/48549/#comment203508>

    Shouldn't the callers of this function pass in the correct upgrade_type 
already so we don't have to check params.restart_type?



ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.3.xml
 (line 878)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/48549/#comment203509>

    No need to specify sequential="true".
    This means that the orchestartion will stop all Ranger Admins, then on all 
call set_pre_start(), which does hdp-select and conf-select.
    
    Typically, we call hdp-select and conf-select in pre_upgrade_restart() 
function in python.



ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.5/upgrades/upgrade-2.5.xml (line 
453)
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/48549/#comment203506>

    Doesn't pre-upgrade already imply that the direction is only during 
UPGRADE, and hence the function setup_ranger_database may not need to check for 
it, although it doesn't hurt.
    This is not going to be a rolling upgrade if we have to stop all Ranger 
Admins


- Alejandro Fernandez


On June 16, 2016, 11:57 a.m., Mugdha Varadkar wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/48549/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated June 16, 2016, 11:57 a.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for Ambari, Gautam Borad, Jonathan Hurley, Nate Cole, Srimanth 
> Gunturi, and Velmurugan Periasamy.
> 
> 
> Bugs: AMBARI-17165
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-17165
> 
> 
> Repository: ambari
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> Revisiting execution of java patches during upgrade for Ranger Service
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/RANGER/0.4.0/package/scripts/params.py
>  9e0fb7c 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/RANGER/0.4.0/package/scripts/ranger_admin.py
>  cedb3f9 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/RANGER/0.4.0/package/scripts/setup_ranger_xml.py
>  b86a09b 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.3.xml
>  4fd5801 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.4.xml
>  272a3cc 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/upgrades/upgrade-2.3.xml 
> b0cff68 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.2/upgrades/upgrade-2.4.xml 
> 0b72254 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.3.xml
>  111b432 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.4.xml
>  9365646 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.5.xml
>  42c4979 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/upgrades/upgrade-2.3.xml 
> 712241b 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/upgrades/upgrade-2.4.xml 
> 4187d64 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/upgrades/upgrade-2.5.xml 
> 3461ad4 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.4.xml
>  e83b54b 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.5.xml
>  b1c2468d 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/upgrades/upgrade-2.4.xml 
> 4065e87 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/upgrades/upgrade-2.5.xml 
> 426b452 
>   
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.5/upgrades/nonrolling-upgrade-2.5.xml
>  460e6b3 
>   ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/2.5/upgrades/upgrade-2.5.xml 
> 6ce4c81 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/48549/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> Tested Ranger upgrade from stack 2.4 to 2.5
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Mugdha Varadkar
> 
>

Reply via email to