Zoltan Borok-Nagy has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24521 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15052: Add read support for unshredded VARIANT values
......................................................................


Patch Set 15:

(3 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/12//COMMIT_MSG
Commit Message:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/12//COMMIT_MSG@44
PS12, Line 44: is reported as STRING/VARCHAR,
> >We can even document that VARIANT's client facing behavior is subject to c
Added note.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/14/fe/src/test/java/org/apache/impala/service/JdbcTest.java
File fe/src/test/java/org/apache/impala/service/JdbcTest.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/14/fe/src/test/java/org/apache/impala/service/JdbcTest.java@552
PS14, Line 552:     // 'VARIANT' (the driver-visible presentation used by
> line too long (91 > 90)
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/14/testdata/datasets/functional/functional_schema_template.sql
File testdata/datasets/functional/functional_schema_template.sql:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24521/14/testdata/datasets/functional/functional_schema_template.sql@3285
PS14, Line 3285: `hadoop fs -put -f 
${IMPALA_HOME}/testdata/data/iceberg_test/iceberg_v3/trino_variant 
/test-warehouse/
               : ====
               : ---- DATASET
               : functional
               : ---- BASE_TABLE_NAME
               : hadoop_catalog_test_external
               : ---- CREATE
> I don't intend to do this in the current commit, but I hope that we'll have
I realized I could invoke rewrite-iceberg-metadata.py in advance, so this 
simplifies.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24521
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ie2f8a7c9b1d4e5f6a0c3b8d7e9f1a2b4c6d8e0f1
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24521
Gerrit-PatchSet: 15
Gerrit-Owner: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Arnab Karmakar <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Balazs Hevele <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Csaba Ringhofer <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Noemi Pap-Takacs <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Peter Rozsa <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2026 07:50:00 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to