Csaba Ringhofer has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24835 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15346: Fix IllegalStateException in createInsertEvents
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24835/1//COMMIT_MSG
Commit Message:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24835/1//COMMIT_MSG@9
PS1, Line 9: when inserting
           : empty results into an unpartitioned table
> I think at least for INSERT OVERWRITE, we still need this so catalogd can f
I agree that INSERT OVERWRITE can write 0 rows, but it should still update at 
least one partition. If the partition was already empty and 0 rows are added by 
overwrite, then similarly to adding 0 rows, IMO the best would be to treat it 
as NOOP.

For Iceberg if the INSERT is NOOP (no files added/removed), then I don't think 
that we should commit.

If quick fix is needed, I am ok with merging this, but I would prefer to have a 
follow up commit for making these operations NOOP.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24835
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I0eb366f55f4e95b229a57297e42d14760b31be21
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24835
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Anonymous Coward <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Csaba Ringhofer <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Sai Hemanth Gantasala <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 09:12:21 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to