Michael Smith has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24940 )

Change subject: IMPALA-11917: Upgrade to GCC 15 and LLVM 22
......................................................................


Patch Set 17:

> Patch Set 16:
>
> > Patch Set 16:
> >
> > Build started: https://jenkins.impala.io/job/gerrit-verify-dryrun/14194/ 
> > DRY_RUN=true
>
> I'm running into a hang on aarch64 DEBUG with nested parquet data load that 
> this won't catch. I think it's still related to GlobalISel, and looks like I 
> didn't do any DEBUG testing on ARM before (just RELEASE) so digging into it.

Avoided the issue by disabling GlobalISel in debug builds. I added a separate 
patch that instead fixes up our code to avoid the pathological case, which 
probably results in better code.


--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24940
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I7dda730fa98ebe3825969265627a560b0c3095f9
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24940
Gerrit-PatchSet: 17
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Balazs Hevele <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Csaba Ringhofer <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Laszlo Gaal <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2026 22:12:57 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: No

Reply via email to