Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/25001 )

Change subject: IMPALA-15059: Use HBO row counts in Calcite scans
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/25001/2//COMMIT_MSG
Commit Message:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/25001/2//COMMIT_MSG@14
PS2, Line 14: for follow-up work.
I haven't reviewed the patches on top of this one yet, so maybe the answer is 
there, but:

What is the reason for using the stats for these other estimates?

I'm trying to reason it out and I'm not sure...

For the most part, they should be the same, right?  As long as a "compute 
stats" was done.  But if a compute stats was not done, the hbo stats should 
have the better results...so why not use that it in the other places as well?



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/25001
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I0f530098d34869cda5ff36a06576bb4854ad7f4f
Gerrit-Change-Number: 25001
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2026 23:06:34 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to