Attila Bukor has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/16268 )

Change subject: Add blog post about Ranger
......................................................................


Patch Set 11:

(14 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/9/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md
File _posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/9/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@29
PS9, Line 29: ## How it works
            :
            : Ranger supports a wide range of sof
> I'd consider moving this into the How It Works section
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/9/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@172
PS9, Line 172: in to
> Ah yea it's a bit ambiguous. I'm fine leaving it as is.
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md
File _posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@9
PS10, Line 9:
> nit: maybe, add
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@13
PS10, Line 13: s control
> nit: enforced?
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@37
PS10, Line 37: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Anywhere
> Just curious: why is this ordering?  Is that in the order or 'level' of sup
It was mostly arbitrary, mostly my order of preference. I like Postgres most, 
and their license, unlike the others, is compatible with Apache 2.0. Changed it 
to alphabetical order though.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@40
PS10, Line 40: At the time of writing this post, the Ranger plugin
             : base is available only in Java, as most Hadoop ecosystem 
projects, including
             : Ranger, are written in Java.
> I needed to read a few times to parse :)  Maybe, simplify this to something
I kinda wanted to share the reasoning behind why it's available only in Java. 
My previous wording was a bit simpler I think, but it was too ambiguous. I 
attempted to simplify it, hope it's still clear.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@49
PS10, Line 49: Each Kudu Master
> nit: maybe just
Isn't it ambiguous? We need to make it clear that all of them will have this 
subprocess, not only the leader/one of them. How about "Each Kudu Master"?


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@83
PS10, Line 83: rmer is
> nit: downloading ?
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@83
PS10, Line 83: the
> nit: Kudu processes ?
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@92
PS10, Line 92:
> nit: drop the comma?
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@178
PS10, Line 178: `-ranger_default_database` flag
> nit: maybe, mention whose flag is that?
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@203
PS10, Line 203: hey will, o
> nit: "on the"?
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@208
PS10, Line 208:
> nit: Maybe create another "Conclusion" section for this?
Done


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16268/10/_posts/2020-07-31-fine-grained-authz-ranger.md@209
PS10, Line 209:
> nit: table ownership ?
Done



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/16268
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: kudu
Gerrit-Branch: gh-pages
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Iae9a4df40dba8eff7327b76b6d6661e759945e9a
Gerrit-Change-Number: 16268
Gerrit-PatchSet: 11
Gerrit-Owner: Attila Bukor <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Alexey Serbin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Andrew Wong <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Attila Bukor <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Grant Henke <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Greg Solovyev <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:31:08 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to