Alexey Serbin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/16277 )

Change subject: KUDU-2612 p7: add transaction participants to tablets
......................................................................


Patch Set 6:

(2 comments)

LGTM, but it seems IWYU isn't happy.

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16277/4/src/kudu/tablet/txn_participant.h
File src/kudu/tablet/txn_participant.h:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16277/4/src/kudu/tablet/txn_participant.h@213
PS4, Line 213: std::vector<TxnEntry>
> Not sure I understand the question: are you asking whether this should indi
Yep, kind of.  I was under impression that the caller needs to know whether 
txn_id was actually in kInitializing state, not something else, so the call to 
this method has actual result (instead of being a no-op otherwise).


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/16277/4/src/kudu/tablet/txn_participant.h@223
PS4, Line 223: inline bool operator==(const TxnParticipant::TxnEntry& lhs, 
const TxnParticipant::TxnEntry& rhs) {
             :   return lhs.txn_id == rhs.txn_id &&
             :       lhs.state == rhs.state &&
             :       lhs.commit_timestamp == rhs.commit_timestamp;
             : }
> I was surprised too, but it is needed. C++ won't automatically define equal
Ah, indeed -- I conflated it with default assignment operator.  It seems the 
reason to have such a behavior is the compatibility with C: 
http://www.martinbroadhurst.com/deafault-operator-in-c.html



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/16277
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: kudu
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I39201ce1d911308cd28f3f4790a126e30052f3bf
Gerrit-Change-Number: 16277
Gerrit-PatchSet: 6
Gerrit-Owner: Andrew Wong <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Alexey Serbin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Andrew Wong <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Kudu Jenkins (120)
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 05:24:34 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to