Zoltan Chovan has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24826 )

Change subject: [rpc] Add proxy user identity support
......................................................................


Patch Set 1:

(5 comments)

I'm not seeing any new tests added, I think it would be best to add some 
coverage for the new code paths

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24826/1//COMMIT_MSG
Commit Message:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24826/1//COMMIT_MSG@18
PS1, Line 18: AuthenticationCredentialsPB gains a matching field
I'm not seeing this field in this commit,  src/kudu/client/client.proto is not 
included in this PS, however there is an effective_user field for 
UserInformationPB in rpc_header.proto


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24826/1/src/kudu/rpc/server_negotiation.cc
File src/kudu/rpc/server_negotiation.cc:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24826/1/src/kudu/rpc/server_negotiation.cc@746
PS1, Line 746:     if (c_username != nullptr && std::string(c_username) != 
c_authuser
nit: how about strcmp? it would save a cast


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24826/1/src/kudu/rpc/server_negotiation.cc@746
PS1, Line 746: (c_username != nullptr
is this necessary? c_username was already checked for nullptr at #712


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24826/1/src/kudu/rpc/server_negotiation.cc@751
PS1, Line 751: c_username
same as above


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24826/1/src/kudu/rpc/server_negotiation.cc@1170
PS1, Line 1170: ProxyPolicyCb
could you add some comments explaining the reasoning why returning with an 
unconditional SASL_OK is fine here? As far as I understand this disables 
cyrus-sasl's built-in proxy check, right?



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24826
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: kudu
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I3f26169f14552d2566272a32525156cd30627aa3
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24826
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: mintao <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Alexey Serbin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Kudu Jenkins (120)
Gerrit-Reviewer: Zoltan Chovan <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2026 10:33:41 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to