Hello Dan Burkert, Jean-Daniel Cryans,
I'd like you to do a code review. Please visit
to review the following change.
Change subject: [java client] fix reruns of TestKuduTable.testGetLocations
[java client] fix reruns of TestKuduTable.testGetLocations
The test expected a table count including the table created in
testAlterTable, which meant that surefire reruns would always fail, as they
clean up the minicluster state (via @AfterClass) but only run the particular
Why not generalize? My thought process went something like this:
1. Let's add an @After to BaseKuduTest that enumerates all tables and
2. #1 is a tax on every test, and besides, if we're going to undo all
destructive changes, we should also restart stopped procseses.
3. If we're going to do #2, we may as well convert the existing @BeforeClass
and @AfterClass into @Before and @After instead, since that's the same
thing semantically but less code and guaranteed to capture every change.
4. But cluster setup in the Java tests is slow due to the Thread.sleep(300)
performed by every started daemon. Let's do what we do in C++ tests and
ask the servers to dump a file, sleeping until that file appears.
5. #4 is a lot of refactoring and doesn't address the multiple master case
well. Let's punt on the whole endeavour and do a targeted fix instead.
1 file changed, 30 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)
git pull ssh://gerrit.cloudera.org:29418/kudu refs/changes/19/3319/1
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/3319
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings
Gerrit-Owner: Adar Dembo <a...@cloudera.com>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Dan Burkert <d...@cloudera.com>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Jean-Daniel Cryans