craigcondit commented on PR #611:
URL: https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-k8shim/pull/611#issuecomment-1593459843

   > Ok, I did a re-review. Some parts are not entirely clear, it's difficult 
to understand what happens without comments. You can also consider using 
`Example*` functions which documents how the new logger approach should be used 
(filtering, parent loggers, etc).
   
   I'll try to add some more comments but I don't see the need for example 
functions. The original JIRA demonstrates this, and eventually all log 
statements will use the new form. Essentially:
   
   `log.Logger().Info(...)` becomes `log.Log(log.LogName).Info(...)`
   
   Everything else remains the same. The specific loggers will be 
subsystem-specific, and probably added to the codebase as we segregate things 
out. I don't want to do a high-level "dump everything by package" translation 
as I'd like there to be some thought given to organizing our loggers.
   
   The existing `log.Logger()` call remains in place for backwards 
compatibility. Depending on context (admission controller, shim, or core), this 
becomes equivalent to either `log.Log(log.Admission)`, `log.Log(log.K8Shim)` or 
`log.Log(log.Core)` respectively.
   
   Finally, `log.RootLogger()` provides the old behavior, but this is only 
exposed for initial configuration (i.e. passing the log reference to the core 
from the shim).


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to