doupache opened a new pull request, #733:
URL: https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-core/pull/733

   ### What is this PR for?
   In [YUNIKORN-285](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-285), we 
previously included git symbolic-ref -q HEAD because Travis CI often 
encountered a detached head situation. However, now that we have switched to 
GitHub Actions, we can utilize the checkout@v3 action, which efficiently 
fetches all Git references.
   
   Consequently, we can remove `git symbolic-ref -q HEAD` Instead, we can 
initially set `REV='origin/HEAD'` If git rev-parse fails, we can fall back to 
`REV=HEAD^`
   
   Regarding the modification from `fetch-depth: 2` to `fetch-depth: 0` , I 
have compared the GitHub Action times before this pull request and with the 
master. The duration of the git checkout action remained around 2 seconds. 
Therefore, I believe this change is acceptable, as it does not introduce 
significant overhead.
   
   I encountered this issue when I manually triggered a GitHub Action in the 
k8shim fork repository. In contrast, manually triggering GitHub Actions in the 
core repository does not lead to this issue. This is because, in the core 
repository, the Golang CI is only executed when submitting a Pull Request. 
   
   However, I believe ensuring consistency in the make lint process between 
k8shim and core is the correct approach.
   
   Perhaps we could consider aligning k8shim's GolangCI behavior with that of 
the core? 
   cc @craigcondit @wilfred-s
   
   
   
   
   ### What type of PR is it?
   * [ ] - Improvement
   
   
   ### What is the Jira issue?
   [YUNIKORN-2098](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-2098)


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to