From: rfi-boun...@lists.rocketboards.org
[mailto:rfi-boun...@lists.rocketboards.org] On Behalf Of Martin Bures
Sent: 29 September 2016 20:42
To: rfi
Subject: [Rfi] Windows SSH/SCP Connection Problems

We have two parallel builds of our Cyclone V-based system running.  One is
running on a vintage 13.1 setup and a new one is based on a recent
Yocto/meta-altera layer.  We would like to move to the new version completely
and stop building the 13.1 but we have a blocker on Windows.  Half of the team
is using DS-5 on Windows(15.1) along with WinSCP.  They are able to connect to
the older system without issue.  They are unable to connect to the new system
with SCP/SSH though SFTP works without a problem.  On Linux and Mac, I am able
to connect to the new system without issue either.

When we try to connect with DS-5, we get the following error:
Unable to connect to TargetApp.
Reason:
Failed target configuration:
Remote shell is not responding : Timed out executing command on target:
PS1=#"@#DS5#@@eiKanIn3#

On the working system, openssh is at version 6.2p2.
On the unworking system, openssh is at version 7.1p2.

We have tried to connect on windows with both the paid and community version of
DS-5 along with WinSCP.  The other oddity is that Putty is able to connect via
ssh on the same machine without a problem.  We have tried googling this error
message but I have not found anything that seems to match our issue.

Martin.