RESUBMITTING THIS.  NEVER SAW AN ACKNOWLEDGE.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Janet Estabridis" <jpe1...@mchsi.com>
To: "rfi" <rfi@lists.rocketboards.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2017 11:02:49 AM
Subject: creating a jffs2 for custom rootfs for Cyclone 5 to burn to QSPI

Thanks in advance.

I've successfully gotten my evaluation board to boot from QSPI using the GSRD
and minimal rootfs (practice run for the steps).

Now I have my custom rootfs ready to go with my additions and I'm trying to get
a .jffs2 file.  I Googled and it looked pretty straightforward BUT I used the
command below and I can see that the "jffs2-root-16Dec16.img" is created but I
never get the command prompt back.  I can see that the jffs2 file is not being
updated.

#] sudo mkfs.jffs2 --little-endian --eraseblock=0x20000 -n --pad --squash
/media/je/SDdisk/ -o jffs2-root-16Dec17.img

Any suggestions?  Am I using the command correctly?

Janet