Kevin:

First things first. What version of Riak are you running? The `riak-admin
cluster` commands are available as of Riak 1.2.0. Next, if you have already
renamed all of the nodes, you will need to use the `reip` method to modify all
of the ring files on each of the nodes.  If you are able, it's easier to roll
back the changes to the configuration and get the nodes starting again.

Once they are started and running, here's a writeup of the scheme you would use
to do the rolling configuration changes: https://gist.github.com/4566736

Thanks,
Charlie Voiselle