Thanks for this. I am going to check it out, and so should the others.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Jon Brisbin <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm stretching the legs on our new async framework Reactor [1] and I
> created a quite small helper class to enable efficient async operation of
> the official Java client. I'm calling it Riaktor (even though there's
> apparently an old Ruby gem of the same name that hasn't been updated in
> several years).
>
> https://github.com/jbrisbin/riaktor
>
> Since it uses Reactor, it also has OOTB Groovy love, which includes using
> Closures as callbacks, etc… There's basically no documentation yet; only
> what's in the tests. But if you're brave enough to try out something
> completely new, I would love to get your feedback! :)
>
> I've load-tested this to over 150,000 ops/sec using 2 threads via
> Disruptor-based RingBufferDispatchers. Reactor itself can do 15M ops/sec on
> my three-year-old MacBook Pro so the bottleneck is going to be the network
> and your Riak cluster. But assuming you've got the bandwidth to handle it,
> Riaktor can push to (and pull from) Riak very efficiently.
>
> Once you've got some data in the client, the idea is that you'll want to
> continue integrating with Reactor's async tools by doing compositions (map,
> filter, reduce, etc… a la RxJava Observable). That's why Riaktor returns a
> Promise for almost everything.
>
> I'd be interested to get your feedback as it would directly feed back into
> better Reactor features.
>
> [1] - https://github.com/reactor/reactor/
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon Brisbin
> Twitter: @JonBrisbin
> http://about.me/jonbrisbin
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
>



-- 
*Muzaaya Joshua
Systems Engineer
+256774115170*
*"Through it all, i have learned to trust in Jesus. To depend upon His Word"
*
_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com

Reply via email to